So I was surfing the web one day and I saw an article with a title similar to this one and decided to make my own list. The title is a little dramatic if I should say; I mean not following the list or doing some of the things in it would not RUIN your life. That’s too extreme a word but it does contribute to how your life turns out before age 24. So here goes
1. Making God tag along your life as you make your own decisions over His instead of making Him lord over your life.
2. Praying only in times of trouble. Making prayer your spare tire instead of your steering wheel
3. Showing love to only the ‘lovable’ people or the people who play by your rules. We are called to love ALL!
4. Trying to piece yourself together alone after a bad fall (break up, bad grade, getting fired, losing a loved one) instead of surrendering it to God; the Healer and Restorer
5. Forgetting that character is the only thing that keeps you where the skills, talents and gifts would take you
6. Getting so overwhelmed by life that we forget how big Our God is
7. Making permanent decisions on temporal situations
8. Letting fear prevent you from chasing your dreams
9. Living life with the YOLO (you only live once) mindset forgetting the consequences live on, yes God gives you a clean slate but can you forgive yourself?
10. Using up all your energy to hold on to grudges and pain instead of letting go
11. Focusing on the past that you forget to enjoy the present
12. Making friends who cover your insecurities instead of ones who sharpen you and nourish your life
13. Letting only your emotions be the driver of your actions
14. Becoming so consumed in protecting your heart that you lose out on connecting with genuine people
15. Going after jobs that ONLY give you money instead of something you are passionate about that would eventually bring the money
16. Dating someone who can’t lead, encourage or challenge you yet you stay with them because they’ve become familiar with your family and friends plus being single is definitely lonesome and boring for you (for ladies)
17. Spending huge amounts of money on possessions that would be of no value to you in the next year or month even
18. Postpone doing things for later when life gets ‘better’
19. Becoming overly attached to a certain part of your identity/character that you forget that you are allowed to change and grow
20. Expecting the journey of life and success to be smooth from start to finish
21. Waiting to see the whole staircase before taking the first step instead of taking the first step in faith believing God has got your back
22. Not acknowledging that it’s okay to fail. The problem isn’t failing, it’s failing to get up and dust yourself, learn the lessons and try again
23. Refusing to acknowledge and honour your parents and any authority God has placed in your life.
24. FORGETTING THAT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS WORLD YOU ARE CHRISTIAN, SENT HERE FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE